100g (4oz) gluten-free flour
1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) gluten-free baking powder
pinch of xanthan gum
100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine
100g (4oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten in a mug
15ml (1 tablespoon) water
60ml (4 tablespoons) jam or golden syrup
What to do:
- Line the base of a 1 litre, microwaveable, pudding basin or bowl with kitchen paper.
- In a medium bowl, sieve together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum.
- Add all the other ingredients and beat together until light and fluffy.
- Spoon out the mixture into your prepared pudding basin & carefully smooth over the top.
- Cook on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn out onto a large plate.
- To warm the jam or syrup place in a microwave-proof dish & warm on LOW for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour the warmed jam or syrup over the sponge pudding & serve immediately.