100g (4oz) gluten-free flour
1 1/2 x 5ml spoons (1 1/2 teaspoons) gluten-free baking powder
1/8 x 5ml spoon (1/8 teaspoon) xanthan gum
100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine
100g (4oz) caster sugar
25g (1oz) desiccated coconut
1 lime, grated rind only
2 medium eggs
1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) dairy-free milk
2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tablespoons) caster sugar
1 lime, juice only
What to do:
- Heat your oven to 180'C / 350'F / Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil the base of a 1 lb loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium bowl, place all the cake ingredients and beat together well, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture in to the prepared loaf tin, smooth over the top and bake for about 40-45 minutes until a metal knife, inserted into the middle of the cake, comes out clean.
- To make the topping mix the sugar and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Turn out the cake on to a serving plate and evenly spoon the sugar and lime juice mixture over the top of the cake, allowing it to soak in and run down the sides. Sprinkle with extra desiccated coconut.