225g (8oz) gluten-free flour
3 x 5ml spoons (3 level teaspoons) gluten-free baking powder
1/4 x 5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
100g (4oz) caster sugar
100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine
1/2 lemon, the grated rind and the juice
1 medium egg, beaten
What to do:
- Heat your oven to 180'C / 350'F / Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil two baking trays.
- In a bowl sift together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum, then add the sugar and rub in the dairy-free margarine.
- Add the lemon rind, juice and enough egg to make a stiff dough.
- Next, roll out the dough quite thinly and cut in to 7.5 cm (3 inch) rounds.
- Place the rounds on the prepared trays and bake for about 15 minutes, or until just turning golden.