150g (5oz) dairy-free margarine
150g (5oz) demerara sugar
6 tablespoons golden syrup
225g (8oz) gluten-free oats
1/2 x 5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) ground ginger
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 190 'C / 375 'F / Gas mark 5.
- Lightly oil a 20cm sandwich tin.
- In a large pan, slowly melt the dairy-free margarine, then stir in the sugar and the golden syrup until the mixture has completely melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the gluten-free oats and ground ginger and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin and gently press down evenly with the back of a metal spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until it just begins to turn golden.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then mark into 8 pieces.
- When completely cool turn out and break into the 8 pieces.