225g (8 oz) gluten-free flour
1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) gluten-free baking powder
1/4 x 5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
3 x 15 ml spoons (3 tablespoons) cocoa powder, sieved
100g (4 oz) dairy-free margarine
5 x 15 ml spoons (5 tablespoons) soya or rice milk
few drops vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Chocolate Glace Icing:
100g (4 oz) icing sugar, sieved
1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tablespoon) warm water
25g (1 oz) cocoa powder
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 190'C / 350'F / Gas Mark 5.
- Lightly oil 2 baking trays.
- In a medium bowl, sift the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder, and xanthan gum together, then rub in the dairy-free margarine.
- Now add the milk, vanilla extract and mix well with a metal knife. Bring the mixture together with your hands and knead lightly on a floured surface for 1 minute.
- Roll the biscuit dough out to 0.5 cm (1/4 inch) thick, then using a 7.5 cm (3 inch) round cutter, cut 20 biscuits.
- Place each biscuit on to the prepared baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack.
- To make the glace icing: Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder in to a bowl, gradually add the water and stir well until smooth.
- Use straight away to decorate the cooled chocolate biscuits.