4 oz (100g) gluten-free flour1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) gluten-free baking powder1/2 x 5 ml spoon ( 1/2 teaspoon) xanthan gum4 oz (100g) dairy-free margarine4 oz (100g) caster sugar2 medium eggs, beaten1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
For the icing:
100g (4 oz) sieved icing sugar1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tablespoon) warm waterPink, blue and yellow food colouringDecorations for the top of each bun
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 190'C / 375'F / Gas Mark 5. Place 12 paper bun cases in patty tins.
- Sift the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum together. Using the all-in-one method for cakes, put the flour, dairy-free margarine and sugar in a bowl with the vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide equally between the 12 paper bun cases and bake for 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Allow to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by dividing the icing sugar into three lots and mixing with very little warm water and food colouring. Spread a little of each colour on the buns and place a decoration on top.