A Tangy-Sweet Sensation!
225g (8 oz)gluten-free flour
225g (8 oz)dairy-free spread
225g (8 oz)caster sugar
3 x 5ml spoons (3 level teaspoons) gluten-free baking powder
Just over 1/4 x 5ml spoon (Just over 1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
4 large eggs
4 x 15 ml spoons (4 tablespoons) dairy-free milk
grated zest of 1 large lemon
for the glaze topping:
Juice of 1-2 lemons
Grated zest of 1 lemon
175g (6oz) granulated sugar
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180'C / fan 160'C / 350'F/ Gas 4.
- Lightly grease a traybake tin and line the base with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum.
- Add the dairy-free spread, caster sugar, eggs, dairy-free milk and lemon zest. Beat together with an electric whisk until the mixture turns a paler colour (1-2 minutes).
- Place the mixture into your prepared tin and even out the surface.
- Bake in the middle of your oven for 35-40 minutes, until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes, then turn out on to cooling rack.
- Whilst the cake is still warm, make the glaze by mixing the lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar together until the sugar starts to dissolve. Pour out evenly over the warm cake.
- Leave to completely cool then cut into about 16 equal squares.