225g (8 oz) gluten-free flour
¼ level teaspoon xanthan gum
50g (2 oz) lard or shortening
50g (2 oz) dairy-free margarine
cold water to mix, about 30 ml (approximately 2 tablespoons)
Plus jam or dairy-free lemon curd to fill
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200'C / 400'F / gas 6.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum and salt, then rub in the fat to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Using a metal knife to cut and stir, mix the cold water into the flour, bringing it together until you have a soft workable dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll out thinly and cut into 3-inch rounds and line 12 patty tins.
- Place a little jam or dairy-free lemon curd in to each case. Do not overfill.