3 oz castor sugar
2 tablespoons honey (runny or set will do)
1 1/2 pints of just-boiled water
What to do:
- Wash the lemons thoroughly, then remove the zest only, by peeling with a potato peeler.
- Next squeeze the lemons & strain the juice to remove the pips.
- Now put the lemon zest, sugar & honey into a large heatproof bowl.
- Carefully pour over the 'just-boiled' water from the kettle, stir gently with a wooden spoon to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover and leave to cool (about 1/2 hour)
- Strain the mixture into a large jug, add the lemon juice and stir again.
- Serve chilled.
Post a Comment