125g (4 oz) dairy-free margarine
125g (4 oz) granulated sugar
4 x 15 ml spoons (4 tablespoons) golden syrup
What to do:
- Lightly oil an 18 cm (6-inch) or 18 cm (7-inch) square shallow tin.
- In a large saucepan, place all the ingredients together and dissolve the sugar slowly over a low heat.
- Bring to the boil. Using a sugar thermometer, boil rapidly at 120'C (250'F) for 5-7 minutes until a little of the mixture forms a hard ball when dropped in to cold water.
- Allow the tiny bubbles on the surface to subside, then pour carefully in to your prepared tin.
- When nearly set mark in to squares. When completely cold break on to pieces.