1/2 lb (8oz) boneless beef, cubed
1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) oil
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
2 large cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) paprika
1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) salt
1/4 x 5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) caraway seeds, optional
1.2 litres (2 pints) water
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan, add the onion and saute until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and paprika, then add the beef and salt. Stir well, adding a little more water if needed to prevent sticking. Gently simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the caraway seeds, peppers, tomatoes and water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Now add the potatoes and gently simmer again until the potatoes are cooked ( 10-15 minutes).
- Salt to taste.
- Serve hot on freshly prepared gluten-free pasta or with crusty gluten-free cobs!
Post a Comment