50g (2oz) dairy-free margarine
2 x 15 ml spoons (2 tablespoons) dairy-free milk
Few drops of peppermint essence
Few drops green food colouring
450g (1 lb) icing sugar, sieved
125g (4oz) dairy-free dark chocolate, melted, to decorate
What to do:
- Place the dairy-free margarine, dairy-free milk, peppermint essence and food colouring in to a saucepan. Heat gently until the dairy-free margarine has melted. Do not boil, then cool slightly.
- In a bowl, place the icing sugar and then pour over the hot liquid, mixing well with a wooden spoon to form a soft ball.
- Turn out onto a surface sprinkled with a little icing to prevent sticking.
- Knead, then roll out to a thickness of 5cm (1/4 inch). Cut in to rounds with a plain 2.5 cm (1 inch) cutter.
- Place the sweets onto greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate into a microwaveable dish and melt for 30-40 seconds on the LOW setting. Dip the edge of the peppermint creams into the chocolate or pipe patterns on to each sweet.
- When the chocolate is set you can then transfer your sweets to a tin to keep fresh.