50g (2 oz) dairy-free margarine
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
3 rashers of lean back bacon
freshly ground black pepper
pinch of caraway seeds
pinch of marjoram
225g (8oz) mushrooms, sliced
450g (1 lb) lean beef, cut in to strips
1 x 142g (5oz) dairy-free cream
freshly chopped parsley to garnish, optional
What to do:
- Gently melt the dairy-free margarine in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic with the bacon, seasoning, caraway seeds and marjoram for 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add the mushrooms, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Now add the meat to the pan and cook for another 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the dairy-free cream, stir well then sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with rice, pasta or crusty gluten-free rolls and a green vegetable.
This recipe also works well with pork