225g (8oz) cooked chicken, chopped roughly
150g (5oz) dairy-free soft cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
75g (3oz) button mushrooms, chopped into quarters
1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) freshly chopped parsley
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
225g (8oz) gluten-free flour
1/4 x 5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
50g (2 oz) lard or shortening
50g (2 oz) dairy-free margarine
cold water to mix, about 30 ml (approximately 2 tablespoons)
1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
beaten egg or dairy-free milk, to glaze
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200'C / 400'F / Gas Mark 6.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the filling ingredients.
- Prepare the pastry by sifting the gluten-free flour with the xanthan gum, add the salt, then rub in the fat to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in the parsley.
- Using a cold metal knife to cut and stir, mix the cold water into the flour until you have 'brought together' a stiff dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll out to a 30 cm (12 inch) square and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the filling ingredients into the middle of your pastry and press down firmly then bring the edges of the pastry together, folding over to form a parcel.
- Brush all over with beaten egg yolk or dairy-free milk and bake in the centre of your oven for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.