6 gluten-free sausages, cut in half
For the batter
100g (4 oz) gluten-free flour
1/2 x 5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) gluten-free baking powder
1/4 x 5ml spoon (1/4 teaspoon) xanthan gum
1 medium egg, beaten
300 ml (1/2 pint) dairy-free milk
15g (1/2 oz) oil
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 220'C / 425'F / Gas Mark 7.
- In a heavy-based saucepan heat half the oil and fry the sausages for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Sift together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and drop in the beaten egg, stir with a wooden spoon to mix. Gradually add the dairy-free milk, then beat well for a few minutes until the batter is smooth and lump free.
- Heat the remaining oil in the bottom of a medium-sized baking tin by placing it in the oven. When a light haze appears, place the sausages carefully into the hot fat, then pour the batter over the sausages.
- Cook near the top of your oven for about 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with green vegetables and gravy.