With a light honey, lemon and fresh ginger marinade, baked in a foil parcel to retain moisture and to lock the flavours in
For the marinade: adjust the following quantities depending on how many pieces of salmon you are cooking...
3/4 cup runny pure honey
1/2 cup olive or sesame oil
1/2 cup cider or white wine vinegar
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1-inch cube fresh ginger, finely grated
freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
Note: Ideally, marinade the fish the day before, for the flavours to infuse nicely in to the fish, or use straight away if you are short on time.
- In a small bowl combine all the marinade ingredients well.
- In a separate dish, coat the fish with the marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200'C / 400'F / Gas Mark 6.
- Place the marinated fish on a layer of kitchen foil, enough to make a parcel for the fish to bake in, then fold over and sealed tight.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with rice, potatoes, quinoa, salad or green vegetables and enjoy!