225g (8oz) gluten-free sausages
a little beaten egg yolk, to brush the tops with
What to do:
- Heat your oven to 230 ‘C / 450’ F / Gas Mark 8.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Divide the pastry in two. Roll out both halves with a rolling pin in to a long rectangle at least 3 inches wide.
- Take the skins off the gluten-free sausages and carefully place along the centre of each pastry rectangle from edge to edge. If you need to, using floured hands, roll each sausage thinner until they equally fit the length of each pastry strip.
- Wet the edges of the pastry strips with water to dampen and then roll up to enclose the sausages.
- Cut evenly into smaller portion sizes.
- Using scissors, angle a row of evenly spaced snips along the top of each sausage roll.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg yolk and place on your baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.