Eves Pudding is a traditional British pudding with Victoria Sponge Cake on top of sweetened, stewed apples!
2 x 5 ml spoons (2 teaspoons) gluten-free baking powder
pinch of xanthan gum
100g (4 oz) dairy-free margarine
100g (4 oz) caster sugar
675 g (1 1/2 lb) cooking apples, peeled and cored
50 g (2 oz) sugar
2 eggs, beaten
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180'C / 350'F / Gas 4.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Thinly slice the apples and evenly layer in to the bottom of your dish with the sugar. Alternatively, stew the fruit on the stove first.
- Next, sift together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum.
- In a medium bowl, cream the dairy-free margarine and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time adding a little of the flour as you go. Fold in the remaining flour.
- Carefully place the cake mixture over the apples and gently level the top.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.