170g (6 oz) gluten-free flour
2 x 5 ml spoons (2 teaspoons) gluten-free baking powder
1 x 1/8 5 ml spoon (1 pinch) of xanthan gum
170g (6 oz) dairy-free margarine
170g (6 oz) caster sugar
3 medium free range eggs, beaten
50g (2 oz) fresh blueberries
50g (2 oz) fresh or tinned pineapple, cut into small chunks
1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tablespoon) pineapple juice (or any other pure fruit juice)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180'C / 350'F / Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil a ring-shaped baking tin and line the bottom with grease-proof baking paper.
- Sift together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, beat the dairy-free margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly beat in the eggs and fruit juice.
- Add the gluten-free flour and mix well, then stir in the fruit until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture in to your prepared baking tin, smooth over the top and bake for about 40 minutes until light golden brown.
- Serve with more blueberries, pineapple chunks and a vanilla sauce or custard.