White Bread - Machine Recipe
3 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1 x 15ml spoon (1 level tablespoon) xanthan gum
2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) sugar
1/2 x 5ml spoon (1/2 teaspoon) salt
1 sachet (2 1/4 teaspoons) fast action, dried yeast
1 1/2 cups of warm water
1/2 cup of dairy-free milk
1/4 cup of oil, vegetable, sunflower or olive oil for a richer flavour
3 large eggs, beaten
1 x 5ml spoon (1 teaspoon) rice or cider vinegar
What to do:
- In a bowl sift the flour with the xanthan gum, then add all the other dry ingredients leaving out the dried yeast until later.
- In a separate bowl place all the wet ingredients and lightly beat.
- Now add the dried yeast to the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Place the liquid mixture into the bread machine pan.
- Carefully add the dry ingredients by spooning on the top of the wet ingredients (I find that I have to give my machine a 'helping hand' so at this stage I now use a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix the ingredients together, whilst in the pan, before setting it going).
- Bake on the "gluten-free" setting if your machine has one, otherwise choose 'Rapid' or 'Fast' bake setting (gluten-free bread dough does not respond as well to the longer proving times).
- When the cycle has finished allow the bread to stand in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and allow to cool.