125g (4 oz) dairy-free margarine
150g (5 oz) smooth or crunchy peanut butter
225g (8 oz) unrefined caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
150g (5 oz) gluten-free flour
1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) xanthan gum
1 x 5 ml spoon (1 teaspoon) gluten-free baking powder
What to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 190'C / 375'F / Gas Mark 5.
- Lightly oil a baking tray.
- Cream together the dairy-free margarine and sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and continue creaming into the mixture.
- Next, add the beaten egg and mix thoroughly.
- Sift together the gluten-free flour, gluten-free baking powder and xanthan gum, then gradually add to the mixture until well blended.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture in to about 20-25 balls.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, leaving plenty of room between each ball as they will spread out during cooking.
- Slightly flatten the top of each ball with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing from the baking tray.